Punjab Jalandhar

Rajasthan: 3 Dead From Asphyxiation From Makeshift Fireplace Smoke

Punjab Jalandhar

Amid an unprecedented cold wave in Rajasthan, three people, including a child, died due to suffocation from the smoke of a makeshift fireplace in Churu that has been recording sub-zero temperatures.

Police said the incident took place in Gaurisar village of Churu. The condition of another three-month-old child and another family member was critical, as per sources.
Rajasthan is reeling under severe cold wave conditions. The minimum temperature was recorded below freezing point last week, the Meteorological department said that has issued an orange alert in the desert state.

On January 6 night, the minimum temperature was recorded at zero degree Celsius in Churu and 0.6 degree Celsius in Pilani. (ANI)

Read more:

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies basic services cannot be provided.

Cookie generated by applications based on the PHP language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is normally a random generated number, how it is used can be specific to the site, but a good example is maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages.

Used on sites built with Wordpress. Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled
  • wordpress_test_cookie

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec

Decline all Services
Accept all Services
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x